Friday 6 September 2013

Melbourne Spring Fashion Week

This evening I had the pleasure of going to runway 4 of the Melbourne Spring Fashion Week, it was my first ever runway show and I'm hoping the first of many...here I come Chanel haha. I loved it so much that I was actually tearing up when the lights dimmed and the music started because I was so damn excited!

As each brand came out and the graphics projected on the runway changed I felt more and more at home. With designers such as Above, Alpha 60, Bul, Carly Hunter, Gorman, Honour Among Thieves, Kings of Carnaby, Kuwaii, Lime Drop and Jolet there was a large range of styles featuring elite design aesthetics and contemporary silhouettes. There was lots of loose, flowing dresses and tops and cute boxy shorts. With my favourite piece being the Honour Among Thieves denim overalls. 


I also had the courage to go up and speak to Fashion Blogger and stylist Jess Dempsey from What Would Karl Do. She was so nice and I even got a picture with her! I was also very jealous of her bag! 



It was such an incredible experience and I came home with lots of goody bags from Mecca Maxima, Darrel Lea and Kevin Murphy. It was a night that I will remember for the rest of my life...Can't wait for the L'Oreal Melbourne Fashion Festival in March! 

Check out my Instagram for pics and video's from the show :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment