Monday 20 May 2013

Determination + Ambitions + A whole lot of e-mailing = A step closer to achieving my dreams.

In the past 3 days I have spent my free time (and some not so free time) looking for places that I could potentially gain work experience with over school holidays. 

I have sent countless e-mails to shops, designers, publishing companies, websites and magazines both in Sydney and Melbourne asking if I could get the chance to work with them over school holidays. 

I have big ambitions and dreams of being a fashion editor or editor in chief of a big fashion magazine in the future and I know that in order to get into the industry I need lots of experience and knowledge which I am very prepared to work for to achieve success. I understand the importance of working hard to get results and that young people have to start at the bottom and work their way up the food chain in the world of fashion. 

So in turn I am going to work my but off until I can get work experience because this girl has a dream and i am going to get there in one way or another. 

Finally in the words of fashion columnist and fashion blogger Talia Kaur in a tweet to me 5 days ago
"No matter what, never give up. If you search for opportunities, they'll come. Be disciplined, passionate and willing to learn."  



No comments:

Post a Comment