Friday 3 May 2013

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams...

A couple of days ago I was told some very exciting news that could potentially change my life. Especially my life in the next 5 years. I was chosen by the principal of my school along with two other students in my year level to be part of a university scholars program that will give me a head start into university life. 

I couldn't contain my excitement when I read that the program "will provide opportunities for personal and academic development, give students the knowledge, skills and confidence to make the right study choices and enable them to build a network of peers, including fellow high-achieving students, academics, and employment contacts" To many people my age this would just sound like a whole lot of boring stuff they don't have to worry about yet. But for me it is the perfect push I need to kick start my journey of success in the world, starting off with VCE, followed by Uni and hopefully leading to the destination of Vogue Australia. 

You have no idea how happy I get reading "scholars’ will have access to a number of events helping them evolve their understanding of possible career areas, assisting them to gain part-time employment and work experience and developing CVs and interview skills." You may ask your self why a girl like me would be so excited about work experience and interview skills but to me it's things like this that will get me noticed in the world, that will give me the skills I need to achieve success and most importantly to achieve my dreams. 
One of the things that matters the most to me about being given this incredible opportunity is that all my visualising, planning, goals and hard work is finally starting to kick in big time! It's the thing I needed to reassure me that working hard for what you want in life is totally worth it! 

It shows to all those people who told me when I was 13 and 14 that I don't need to worry about what uni course I want to get into or what ATAR score i want to get or who told me not to plan my life so much, that in fact planning for what you want works. Because i'm the one that is part of a Scholars' program at the University I have wanted to go to since I was 13. 

It just goes to show that... The future does belong to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment